Thursday, November 17, 2011

Alabama article

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/opinion/on-the-rise-in-alabama.html?scp=4&sq=alabama&st=cse

The article that I chose was "On the Rise in Alabama" I found it on the New York Times. I read about the immigration law that Alabama is trying to pass on immigrants. Alabama wants to create a law to ban immigrants without papers the ability to work, travel, rent, and buy a home. This law is bringing fear to illegal immigrants and makes them not want to work in their jobs or do farmwork. This article reminded me of last class lecture because we observed if these actions are racist or not. I believe that its not completely racist, I find it more unfair because i believe that many immigrants come here for hard work and the governemtn judges them as different people. This article makes me upset because it shows that immigration laws are still a big problem in our society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment