Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Problem of History

Reading chapter 3 of "American Indians and American History made me understand more about our real history of America and how I was raised up learning a different story. Many people today don't value or learn about the real history of Indians first coming into America instead we usually give our attention to Christopher Colombus. In middle school when I first learned about history we always were taught that Christopher Colombus was the first person to ever be in America and he was praised as a heroric figure in our country, we even have a holiday for him. Truth is that America tried to cover Indians and there history to others till this day. As my education has evolved I am learning real facts about the founding of America and this chapter made me understand more about American Indians and how they seem to be forgotten in our history text books.

No comments:

Post a Comment